Meteorology Van Bookings
Meteorology Van Bookings
Please check the calendar below then email Meteorology Admin Cover
Meteorology Van Procedure (Van Registration: RE58 EZL)
1. Before you book the van for the first time, you must be registered with Wessex Fleet.
Students please note: Due to recent changes in university safety training requirements and restrictions, students are only eligible to register if van use is required as part of their studies. Students cannot now register in order to use our dept van for personal use.
2.Charges for Personal use (All fees to be paid to School Office)
a) Each hire period– £5 mileage fee for local journeys (Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell etc) or £10 fee for use equivalent to a bit further afield (Oxford, Swindon, Newbury, Winchester).
NB: The van is not available to anyone for personal long distance journeys, (for journeys longer than Oxford or Winchester, please check with Dawn).
b) One-off fee for registration:
Staff – If you are registering to use van for personal use, then you will be asked to reimburse the dept for the licence check fee charged – currently £7.
Students- van is not available for personal use unless you are already registered, due to recent changes in university safety training requirements and restrictions.
3. Check availability by viewing the calendar on the Met Intranet page – https://research.reading.ac.uk/meteorology/intranet/room-bookings/meteorology-van-bookings/
4. Ensure you have made a booking by emailing Meteorology Admin Cover when you want to use the van.
5. When using the van, please complete the safety checklist in the driver pack as follows:
- Driver vehicle checks before use
- Start and end mileage
- Approximation of remaining fuel, based on fuel gauge display, at the start and end of your journey.
6. If you require a breakdown service, please refer to the breakdown cover card in this pack.
7. Instructions in the event of an accident (whilst driving a University vehicle) – this information can be found in relevant section of the Certificate of Motor Insurance
8. Return the key and the driver pack (containing these instructions, safety checklist and the breakdown card) to 1L42 or 1L40 promptly after use as others, including the technicians, may need to use the van after you.
*Short journeys: Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell etc.
Longer journeys: Oxford, Swindon, Newbury, Winchester
(for journeys longer than Oxford or Winchester, please refer the driver to Dawn).