Dr. Philip Craig
- Data rescue
- Reanalysis datasets
- Large-scale atmospheric circulation
- Global hydrological cycle: precipitation and evaporation patterns, atmospheric moisture transport
- Ocean freshwater budgets: evaporation, precipitation and runoff
- Global salinity patterns
- Atlantic/Pacific asymmetries: moisture budget, salinity, meridional overturning circulation
- Craig, P.M., Ferreira, D. and Methven, J., 2020. Monsoon-Induced Zonal Asymmetries in Moisture Transport Cause Anomalous Pacific Precipitation Minus Evaporation, Geophysical Research Letters, 47, e2020GL088659, doi: 10.1029/2020GL088659.
- Craig, P.M. and Hawkins, E., 2020. Digitizing observations from the Met Office Daily Weather Reports for 1900-1910 using citizen scientist volunteers, Geoscience Data Journal, 7, 116-134, doi: 10.1002/gdj3.93.
- Catchment boundaries of ocean drainage basins. University of Reading. Dataset.
- The Atlantic/Pacific Atmospheric Moisture Budget Asymmetry: The Role of Atmospheric Moisture Transport. PhD thesis, University of Reading
- Craig, P.M., Ferreira, D., and Methven, J., 2017. The contrast between Atlantic and Pacific surface water fluxes, Tellus A, 69, 1330454, doi: 10.1080/16000870.2017.1330454
- AGU Fall Meeting. Improving reconstructions of historical extreme weather events in 20CRv3 by rescuing undigitized observations with citizen scientists (poster). San Francisco, USA, December 2019.
- Atmospheric Science Conference. Findings From Weather Rescue Phase 2: the Met Office Daily Weather Reports 1900-1910. University of Birmingham, UK, July 2019.
- Lunchtime Seminar. The Atlantic/Pacific moisture budget asymmetry: the role of atmospheric moisture transport. Department of Meteorology, University of Reading. March 2018.
- AGU Fall Meeting. Using trajectories to understand the moisture budget asymmetry between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans (poster). New Orleans, USA, December 2017.
- 8th EGU Leonardo Conference. The contrast between Atlantic and Pacific surface water fluxes (oral). Ourense, Spain, October 2016.
Last update: 13th February 2019