How can the stratosphere help us predict the weather several weeks ahead?Check out the latest forecasts of the stratospheric polar vortex here!
- Co-Editor in Chief, Royal Meteorological Society "Weather" journal
- Committee member, RMetS South-East Local Centre
- Administrator, The Weather Game
Publications:For a complete list see here.
- Stratosphere-troposphere coupling
- Polar vortex dynamics
- Extended-range predictability
- Climate dynamics
- Jet streams
- Climate change
- How can the stratosphere help us predict the weather several weeks ahead? This NERC-SCENARIO funded project looks to improve sub-seasonal (15-30 day) forecasts through a better understanding of stratosphere-troposphere coupling. A brief description can be found here.
- Andrew Charlton-Perez, University of Reading
- Steve Woolnough, University of Reading
- Jason Furtado, University of Oklahoma
Last update: 19th June 2020