A lot of comment has been generated about NP from different stakeholders. Here we point you to some of the best and most pertinent of these.
Short commentaries from academics:
- Parker, G. (2015) ‘There goes the neighbourhood’ The Planner – Read on The Planner website
- Derounian, J. (2016) ‘The good the bad and the ugly of NP‘ The Planner.
- Salter. K. (2017) Neighbourhood plan examinations: why they need to be tough The Planner.
- Salter, K. (2017) Time for change? Modifying a neighbourhood plan RTPI Blogpost.
- Parker, G and Salter, K (2018) Neighbourhood Planning 2018: the year ahead (maybe?) UpFront e-bulletin, Jan/Feb 2018
- Salter, K and Parker, G (2018) Friend or foe? Understanding the stakeholders involved in neighbourhood planning. Upfront e-bulletin, March/April 2018
- Neighbourhood Planning examinations
- Neighbourhood Planning amendments
- Neighbourhood Planning User views – revisited (2017) http://www.reading.ac.uk/web/files/UoR-NPUR-Exec-Jan17.pdf
Parker, G. and Wargent, M. (2017) ‘Participant Experience of Neighbourhood Planning in England’, Working Papers in Real Estate & Planning 01/17, University of Reading http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/70018/1/wp0117.pdf
Many organisations involved in the delivery of Neighbourhood Planning produce frequent updates on policy and emerging practice. These include:
- DCLG notes on Neighbourhood Planning: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/notes-on-neighbourhood-planning
- Upfront – a bi-monthly email bulletin for those interested in neighbourhood planning: https://www.ourneighbourhoodplanning.org.uk/news/id/27 complemented by a bi-monthly video https://www.ourneighbourhoodplanning.org.uk/resources/videos
- Neighbourhood Planners.London: http://www.neighbourhoodplanners.london
Note: Material will be ADDED HERE periodically