Current and past weather data
- The Reading University Atmospheric Observatory – Introduction
- Mailing list for weather news and daily reports from the Reading University Atmospheric Observatory
- Public tours of the Atmospheric Observatory
METFiDAS and MMS – automatic weather stations
- RUAO Database
- Plot your own graphs of METFiDAS observations – access to some data back to August 2005
- METFiDAS-3 data extractor
- Meteorological Observations Data Extractor (MODE) (METFiDAS data mid-2005 to mid-2014)
- MMS data extractor
- METFiDAS logbook
Historical weather from the climatological station
- One hundred years of Reading Weather A book telling the story of Reading’s weather over the past hundred years and more
- Graphs of the weather in Reading in recent months
- The weather and climate of Reading this month
- Summaries of the weather in Reading in recent months
- Weather stories from Reading on this date in past years
- Anniversary weather data from Reading
- Data extractor for climatological observations, 1908-present day
- Plot climatological observations, 1908-present day
- Produce tabular monthly summary of observations
- Updater for the climatological observation database (Restricted access);
- Pocket Registers
Statistics from the climatological record
- General statistics for the current 5-day period, current month and season.
- Compare recent and past observations.
- Make a statistical enquiry for a bank holiday period.
- Check a weather element for a single day of the year.
- Weather statistics (droughts/heatwaves/cold spells etc) over a user-specified period of time.
- Find the first/last dates each year when maximum/minimum temperatures were above/below a user-specified value.
- Real-Time Cloud Radar Images – Vertical profiles of cloud observed with cloud radar at Chilbolton 45km SW of Reading – updated every 15 minutes.
- Data extractor for observations from the (now closed) Reading Seed Trial Ground (1945-1968)
This page updated July 2019