Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Research Scientist, PhD Student (Year 5)
- Arctic sea ice
- Polar oceanography
- Numerical modelling
- Modelling the fragmentation and disintegration of summer Arctic sea ice: This project aims to improve the representation of sea ice break up processes within the Los Alamos sea ice model. Particular processes of interest are wave induced break-up and the interaction between the mixed ocean layer and lateral melting.
- Professor Daniel Feltham (University of Reading)
- Dr David Schroeder (University of Reading)
- Dr Yevgeny Aksenov (National Oceanography Centre)
- Dr Jeff Ridley (Met Office, Exeter)
- Climate modelling
- Science communication
- Climate policy
Bateson, A. W. (2021) Fragmentation and melting of the seasonal sea ice cover. PhD thesis, University of Reading.
Last update: 30th June 2021