Dr. Balaji Senapati
Postdoctoral Research Scientist
I've recently become part of the Met department, serving as a postdoc under the guidance of Dr. Christopher O'Reilly. My current research delves into the intricate dynamics of Atlantic Multidecadal Variability and its consequential teleconnections using pacemaker experiments.
My academic journey encompasses doctoral studies in large-scale physical oceanography at esteemed institutions: the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and APL, JAMSTEC. Throughout my tenure, I explored Sea Surface Temperature variability and large-scale circulation in the subtropical Southern Hemisphere, employing observational data, Satellite products, Reanalysis products, and Numerical Modelling. My PhD thesis unveiled a new wave within the globe's ocean-atmosphere coupled system in the subtropical Southern Hemisphere.
- Climate dynamics and modelling
- Antarctic Sea Ice Variability
- Marine Heat Waves and Cool Spells
- Senapati, Balaji, Dash, M. K., & Behera, S. K. (2021). Global wave number-4 pattern in the southern subtropical sea surface temperature. Scientific Reports, 11(1), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-80492-x
- Senapati, Balaji, Deb, P., Dash, M. K., & Behera, S. K. (2022). Origin and dynamics of global atmospheric wavenumber-4 in the southern mid-latitude during austral summer. Climate Dynamics, 59(5), 1309–1322. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-021-06040-z
- Senapati, Balaji, Dash, M. K., & Behera, S. K. (2022). Decadal variability of southern subtropical sst wavenumber-4 pattern and its impact. Geophysical Research Letters, e2022GL099046. https://doi.org/10.1029/2022GL099046
- Barskar, H., Senapati, Balaji, Kaundal, M., Amere, A. B., & Dash, M. K. (2022). Evolution of tripole pattern of sea-level anomalies in the indian ocean during concurrent enso-iod episodes, journal of the indian society of remote sensing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12524-022-01561-4
- Fernandes, M., Rasouli, K., Golubkin, P., Dolatshah, A., Radchenko, I., Prokhorova, U., Acharya, A. et al. (2022). Comparing recent changes in the arctic and the third pole: Linking science and policy, polar geography. https://doi.org/10.1080/1088937X.2022.2105969
- Sarkar, S., Mukherjee, A., Senapati, Balaji, & Duttagupta, S. (2022). Predicting potential climate change impacts on groundwater nitrate pollution and risk in an intensely cultivated area of south asia, acs environmental au. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsenvironau.2c00042
Last update: 1st September 2023