Dr. Robert Plant
Associate Professor in Atmospheric Convection
- Theory of convective parameterizations
- Stochastic parameterizations
- Modelling in "grey zones"
- Explicit simulation of convection
- Effects of frictional and moist processes on mid-latitude cyclones
- Model representation of mesoscale convective systems (MCS:PRIME, Reading PI, NERC)
- Parameterization of Convection (ParaCon programme, Phase 2 PI, NERC/Met Office)
- Scale-adaptive and flow-adaptive sub-grid methods (PhD supervisor)
- Theory of convective parameterization
Postdoctoral & graduate student supervision
- Chimene Daleu Development and testing of new techniques for convection parameterization (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- Mark Muetzelfeldt Model representation of mesoscale convective systems (details, MCS:PRIME PDRA).
- Alanna Power Improving convective storm simulations through scale-adaptive and flow-adaptive sub-grid methods (PhD).
Last update: 8th November 2022