Dr. Robert Plant
Associate Professor in Atmospheric Convection Head of Department (Finance Support Staff & Infrastructure)
- Theory of convective parameterizations
- Stochastic parameterizations
- Modelling in "grey zones"
- Explicit simulation of convection
- Effects of frictional and moist processes on mid-latitude cyclones
- Parameterization of Convection (ParaCon, NERC)
- Modelling grey-zone boundary layers (GREYBLS, NERC)
- Forecasting rainfall through asssimilation of new observations of convection (FRANC, NERC)
- Transitions between suppressed and active convection coupled to large-scale tropical circulations (NERC)
Postdoctoral & graduate student supervision
- Omduth Coceal Large-eddy modelling (NCAS-Weather PDRA).
- Chimene Daleu Explicit modelling of convection coupled to large-scale circulation (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- David Flack Convective-scale predictability (details, FRANC PhD).
- Jan Kamieniecki Thermodynamic analysis of coupled column models (details, coupled transitions PhD).
- Jonathan Chui Grey-zone convective modelling (PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Mark Muetzelfeldt Scale dependence of convective transport (CASE PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Michael Johnston Island convection and interactions with larger scales (PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Lewis Blunn Developing high-resolution NWP for local-scale air quality prediction over cities (PhD, NCAS).
Centaur PublicationsERROR: The page cannot be displayed (Trying to load: http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/view/creators_cv/R=2ES=2EPlant=40reading=2Eac=2Euk.include)
Last update: 30th January 2019