Dr. Robert Plant
Associate Professor in Atmospheric Convection
Head of Department (Finance and Facilities)
- Theory of convective parameterizations
- Stochastic parameterizations
- Modelling in "grey zones"
- Explicit simulation of convection
- Effects of frictional and moist processes on mid-latitude cyclones
- Parameterization of Convection (ParaCon programme, Phase 2 PI, NERC/Met Office)
Postdoctoral & graduate student supervision
- Chimene Daleu Development and testing of new techniques for convection parameterization (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- Jian-Feng Gu Development and testing of new techniques for convection parameterization (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- Jonathan Chui Grey-zone convective modelling (PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Alanna Power Improving convective storm simulations through scale-adaptive and flow-adaptive sub-grid methods (PhD).
Last update: 24th August 2021