Dr. Robert Plant
Associate Professor in Atmospheric Convection Head of Department (Finance Support Staff & Infrastructure)
Head of Department (Finance and Facilities)
- Theory of convective parameterizations
- Stochastic parameterizations
- Modelling in "grey zones"
- Explicit simulation of convection
- Effects of frictional and moist processes on mid-latitude cyclones
- Parameterization of Convection (ParaCon programme, Phase 2 PI, NERC/Met Office)
Postdoctoral & graduate student supervision
- Chimene Daleu Development and testing of new techniques for convection parameterization (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- Jian-Feng Gu Development and testing of new techniques for convection parameterization (details, ParaCon PDRA).
- Jonathan Chui Grey-zone convective modelling (PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Mark Muetzelfeldt Shear-aware convective parameterization (CASE PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Michael Johnston Island convection and interactions with larger scales (PhD, ParaCon affiliated).
- Lewis Blunn Developing high-resolution NWP for local-scale air quality prediction over cities (PhD, NCAS).
Centaur PublicationsERROR: The page cannot be displayed (Trying to load: http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/view/creators_cv/R=2ES=2EPlant=40reading=2Eac=2Euk.include)
Last update: 30th January 2019