- This event has passed.
Health research conference with Berkshire Healthcare
Research Collaborations for Better Patient Care
A free-of charge joint health research conference with Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust is being held on Thursday 24 May at the Nike Lecture Theatre at the University of Reading.
This event will showcase past, current and future research collaborations between our two organisations, with keynote speaker Dr Jonathan Sheffield OBE, Chief Executive Officer of the National Institute of Health Research.
This event is particularly useful for anyone who is interested in collaborative research with the NHS.
To reserve a place on the course, click here.
There will be three key themes on the day:
- Improving lives through research
- Collaborating for research
- Clinical research is the future
Improving lives through research
Chaired by Dr Gwen Bonner, Clinical Director of Research, Berkshire Healthcare
- Research blast – fast learning rapid fire presentations from your hosts
- Promoting patients and public involvement in research
- Patient research ambassador story – why I became interested in research
Collaborating for research
Chaired by Dr Ben Thompson, Interim Executive Director of Thames Valley Clinical Trials Unit
- Future plans with University of Reading, Berkshire Healthcare and Royal Berkshire Hospital
- Research in Berkshire Healthcare
- Current collaborative research studies
- Dementia research
Clinical research is the future
Chaired by Professor Laurie Butler, Head of School of Psychology, University of Reading
- Our keynote speaker Dr Jonathan Sheffield, Chief Executive Officer, NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN)
- The role of Thames Valley and South Midlands CRN
- National Institute of Health Research and PPIP
- Academic Pharmacy Practice Unit
- Announcement of awards
To find out more, or to submit an abstract please email firstname.lastname@example.org.