- This event has passed.
Reading Assembly: Care
What does caring mean to you? How has your understanding of ‘care’ changed in the last year?
Reading Assembly: Care is bringing together artists, social researchers and members of the local community to share their own memories and stories of care.
Join us for a lively programme of online workshops and discussions on 27 and 28 May 2021.
Online – Register here
Full programme online – highlights include:
THURSDAY 27 MAY
- Defying the distance: Sustainable letters for loved ones: A workshop-based session of crafting seed paper to create plantable messages. 12:00-13:00
- Cooking and Care: A workshop exploring the relationship between cooking, comfort and care. 13:00-15:00
- A Walk With Nature: A workshop to creatively enhance your lockdown daily walks by producing artwork inspired by nature. 16:00-17:00
FRIDAY 28 MAY
- Architecture Cares: A workshop to rework the ‘map of care’ created by students from the School of Architecture, remapping the city of Reading together. 12:00-13:00
- Sounding Out: Listening Session: An audio play ‘Walking the Wing’ about incarceration during the COVID-19 pandemic, created with men serving prison sentences and prison staff. The play will be followed by a discussion with the makers. 17:00-18:00
- What is the sound of care and solidarity? Open listening session with Reading Refugee Support Group and Ultra-red sound artist activist collective. 18:00-20:00
- 27 May @ 8:00 am
- 28 May @ 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Heritage & Creativity
- Event Tags:
- care, social care
- Dr Anna Kontopoulou, Lecturer in Art