- This event has passed.
The Commercial Law Research Network Nigeria Conference
The Commercial Law Research Network – Nigeria (CLRN_N) has been created to address the challenge of ineffective commercial law reform and policy in the emerging world. It brings together researchers interested in the development of commercial law and policy in the emerging world, and uses Nigeria, the largest economy in sub-Saharan Africa, as a case study.
The three main objectives of the CLRN_N are:
- to promote high quality research on commercial law reform in emerging economies (with Nigeria as a case study),
- to influence commercial law and policy by enabling engagement between researchers and stakeholders,
- to promote the development of the next generation of researchers through research methodology training.
Participation is open to everyone interested in engaging with these issues.
Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Research Networking Scheme, the CLRN_N will host its inaugural conference on the 13th and 14th September 2019, at the University of Reading. It invites submissions on commercial law and policy reform in Nigeria, and/or how Nigerian commercial law and reform policy may engage with international principles in the following areas:
- Company Law, Insolvency Law and Secured Transactions Law
- International Trade Law and International Economic Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Oil and Gas/Energy Law
- Commercial Law broadly
For more details on attending or presenting at the conference and workshop, please email Dr. Bolanle Adebola: firstname.lastname@example.org.