Publications foregrounding the project and reporting current activity can be found in the links on this page.
- Naomi Flynn’s blogs for NALDIC track her observations of teachers’ use of The Enduring Principles of Learning in the USA. Click on each link below.
- Being intentional: Great Practice for EAL from the USA (2019)
- Letter from Indiana #1 (2021)
- Letter from Indiana #2 (2021)
- Letter from Indiana #3 (2021)
- Click here for this chapter which tracks use of the Enduring Principles Rubric to evaluate good teaching for EAL in schools in England
Perumal, R., Flynn, N., Mitchell Viesca, K., Ennser-Kananen, H. and Routarinne, S. (2020) What is effective pedagogy for multilingual learners? Observations of teaching that challenges inequity. The OPETAN project in England. In: Kirsch, C. and Duarte, J. (eds.) Multilingual Approaches for Teaching and Learning. From Acknowledging to Capitalising on Multilingualism in European Mainstream Education. Routledge Research in Languages Education. Routledge, pp. 52-72. ISBN 9780367181352
- Click here for a useful brief for practitioners from Annela Teemant and Brandon Sherman
- Click here for access to an open access article comparing US and UK teachers the Enduring Principles Rubric
Flynn, N., Teemant, A., Viesca, K. M., & Perumal, R. (2023). Effective Teachers of Multilingual Learners: A Mixed‐Method Study of UK and US Critical Sociocultural Teaching Practices. TESOL Quarterly https://doi.org/10.1002/tesq.3224ERROR: The external content cannot be loaded (Trying to load: http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/view/creators/90000870.include)
Code Error: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently