Meet our scientists

Here you can meet just a few of those involved in water research at the University of Reading, from PhD students and post-doctoral researchers to lecturers.

A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a postgraduate degree earned by carrying out independent research. Those doing them are called doctoral researchers, PhD students or postgraduate students.

A post-doctoral researcher is one who has a PhD but doesn’t teach; sometimes they’re called associates or fellows.

A lecturer is a permanent position that will involve a mix of teaching and research.