Room and Equipment bookings
Room and Equipment Bookings
Please find information regard how to book local meeting rooms as well as the department’s poster boards, conference telephone, projectors and van.
In addition to the standard process of making room bookings by contacting the Timetabling team, all staff across the University will be able to access the Online Room Booking solution themselves, check the availability of a bookable room and make a room booking.
To gain access to the system you will need to use the following link – https://timetable.reading.ac.uk/CMISGo/Web/Timetable. Once you are presented with the login screen, input your standard UoR login details (Username and Password) to access the system.
If you have any questions or require further information about the CMISGo Online Room Booking Project, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any issues with logging into the system, or any other technical issues, please contact the IT Service Desk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 6262. They can also be contacted via the Self Service Portal.
Booking Local Meeting Rooms
To check availability of meeting rooms
Log in to CMISGo – https://timetable.reading.ac.uk/CMISGo/Web/Timetable. using your standard UoR login details (Username and Password)
Click the ‘Toggle timetable list’ button on the date bar, then click on the ‘Add’ button which will appear near the bottom right of the window. Then you can click on the Room tab and find the room you are interested in to bring up the timetable for all bookings in the that room. If you would like to keep a room on your timetable click the ‘Save’ button; to remove a room click the dustbin symbol next to the room name in your timetable.
To book a meeting room
Use CMISGo to check availability and then contact email@example.com to make bookings for the following meeting and lecture rooms:
- Meeting room 1L36 (fits 10 people)
- Meeting room 1L43 (fits 12 or 8 people)
- Meeting room 1L46 (fits 10 people, no IT/AV equip.)
- Synoptic lab 1L61 (synop. lab – fits 60 people)
- Lecture theatre GU01- booked through firstname.lastname@example.org
Harry Pitt building
- ESSC 175 – Seminar Room (fits 40+ people)
Please ask to book the video wall also if you will be using it. Please note:
It is essential to email email@example.com prior to use of the video wall if using it for the first time.
- ESSC 176 – Conference Room (fits 10 people)
- Meeting Room 108 (fits 16 people)
- Lyle room 307 (fits 14 people)
- Mtg Rm 1 Lyle 406 Small interview/ informal meeting room – no IT (fits 4 people)
- Mtg Rm 2 Lyle 406 Small interview/ informal meeting room – no IT (fits 8 people)
- Green screen TV studio (used for weather forecast recording. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make bookings: mention if you wish to book a room at the same time)
- GoToMeeting booking arrangements: we have a departmental GoToMeeting account. Please contact a member of the Admin Team who can give you the login and password details
Telephone extension numbers for the meeting rooms in Meteorology, Lyle and Harry Pitt are given in the table below
|Harry Pitt||175 ESSC Seminar Room||5164|
|176 ESSC Conference Room||5164|
Meteorology Van Hire
In order to register to drive the Met Van, please:
- Read the driving for work policy and complete the driver record form available here: http://www.smpcs.reading.ac.uk/intranet/school-health-and-safety-information/#driving
- Send the driver record form to Dawn, email@example.com who will:
a) Send your name, email address and employee number to Wessex Fleet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
b) Wessex Fleet will contact you for the licence check.
c) Dawn will send you a Safe Driving Plus training package which you must complete before driving the van.
(You can start this process in Dawn’s absence, cc’ing Dawn)
To book the van please go to the Meterology Van Hire page
Meteorology Poster Boards, Projectors and Conference Telephone bookings
In order to book the poster boards, projector or conference telephone please go to the relevant calendar check the availability then email Meteorology Admin Cover who can make the booking for you.