Knowledge Base

Manage my web presence

Here is a list of services you can use to publish on the web at the University of Reading:


  • Research project website on WordPress (<yoursite>). You can create and manage a website for a particular research project or group, using the WordPress Content Management System (CMS). Read more…
  • Blogs. You can request a blog on the IT Self Service portal.
  • Dynamically generated content (e.g. weather charts). If you need to share some dynamically generated content on the web, you’ll probably need a specific technical solution. Please contact us.
  • Share data, or files. For time limited file sharing, use MFT (Managed File Transfer). For long term web publishing of files, please contact us for advise.