Equality Diversity and Inclusion
The FoodBioSystems DTP is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), to building a doctoral
researcher(DR) and staff body that reflects the diversity of society, and to encourage applications from
under-represented and disadvantaged groups.
Each institution in the DTP partnership has at a minimum Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation. University of
Surrey are members of the Race Equality Charter, University of Reading Aberystwyth are in the top 100
Stonewall employers, while Brunel University is a Stonewall member and Queens University Belfast is a
Stonewall Diversity Champion. Our DTP Advisory Board is diverse in gender, age and ethnicity.
Our actions to promote diversity and inclusion within the DTP include:
- anonymising our application and shortlisting process and using a standardised application form
- advertising PhD opportunities as widely as possible
- offering a guaranteed interview scheme for eligible applicants with UK fees status
- ensuring that all of our interview panellists have undertaken unconscious bias training
- including equality, diversity and inclusion focused training in our programme
- monitoring our EDI data carefully
- having staff in the DTP administration team who place a focus on well-being of DTP researchers and EDI across the partnership
More information about our Equality Diversity and Inclusion Policy is available here.