During geomagnetic substorms, stored magnetic and plasma thermal energies are explosively converted into plasma kinetic energy. This rapid reconfiguration of Earth’s nightside magnetosphere is manifest in the ionosphere as an…Read More >
- SPATE PhD studentships available!
- A diagnosis of the plasma waves responsible for the explosive energy release of substorm onset
- Nudging solar wind forecasts back towards reality
- Modelling asymmetric current sheets in Earth’s magnetosphere
- Forecast uncertainty in the near-Earth solar wind conditions