Long lead-time space-weather forecasts require accurate prediction of the solar wind conditions in near-Earth space. The current state-of-the-art involves coupled numerical models initialised using photospheric magnetic field observations. This deterministic…Read More >
- SPATE PhD studentships available!
- A diagnosis of the plasma waves responsible for the explosive energy release of substorm onset
- Nudging solar wind forecasts back towards reality
- Modelling asymmetric current sheets in Earth’s magnetosphere
- Forecast uncertainty in the near-Earth solar wind conditions