During a magnetic reconnection event, stored energy that had been bound up in stressed electromagnetic fields is released in the form of heat and the kinetic energy of particles. The…Read More >
- SPATE PhD studentships available!
- A diagnosis of the plasma waves responsible for the explosive energy release of substorm onset
- Nudging solar wind forecasts back towards reality
- Modelling asymmetric current sheets in Earth’s magnetosphere
- Forecast uncertainty in the near-Earth solar wind conditions