Year 3 and Year 4 German (Rot/Gelb)
Here you can find the termly overview of the contexts for learning, the phonics, vocabulary and structures included in each term. Follow the term links (Autumn, Spring, Summer) to get to the lesson resources.
Links will become ‘live’ as the materials become available.
The full scheme of work is available to download here. The scheme of work will be updated periodically, therefore, please check back regularly to download the most up-to-date version.
Please get in touch via email (PiPL@reading.ac.uk) if you have any questions about the resources. We’d also love to hear from you if you and your school are using the resources!
Half-term 1: Describing me and others
Half-term 2: Saying what I and others have
Phonics: the SSC (sound-symbol correspondences) taught this term are: long & short forms of [a] [e] [i] [o] [u]; [ei] & [ie]; [w] [z]; soft & hard [ch]
Vocabulary: greetings, personal pronouns, question words, nouns for people, adjectives to describe things, colours, nouns for possessions, ‘That is not my…’ story
Grammar: sein (singular), subject-verb inversion with questions, definite and indefinite articles (singular, nominative), possessive adjective (singular), negation (nicht + adverb / definite article / possessive adjective), capitalisation of nouns
Half-term 1: Talking about things and things to do
Half-term 2: Talking about things and things to do
Phonics: the SSC (sound-symbol correspondences) taught this term are: [ä] [ö] [ü] [au] [eu|äu] [sch] [sp] [st] [s-] [-s-] [ß] [ss] [-s]
Vocabulary: nouns for people and objects, verbs and nouns for activities
Grammar: Negation with ‘kein’, feminine person nouns (+in), ‘haben’ (singular), definite and indefinite articles (singular, accusative), compound nouns, present tense weak verbs (singular), plural noun patterns
Half-term 1: Talking about activities and events
Half-term 2: Talking about activities and events
Phonics: the SSC (sound-symbol correspondences) taught this term are: [v] [r] [er-] [-er] [-ig] [-g] [-d] [-b] [-tion] [th]
Vocabulary: days of the week, months of the year, verbs and nouns for activities, describing family members
Grammar: present tense simple versus continuous, negation after verbs with ‘nicht’, two-verb structures with modal verbs, possessive adjectives (accusative)
When you click on Autumn, Spring, Summer you will get to separate pages, each with the layout of the SOW for that term.
All resources are licensed as CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.
This means that you can:
- Share and use the material
- Edit and build from the material
As long as you:
- “BY” Attribute, say who the work is “by”. A proper attribution for an edited resource could look like this: “This resource is based on Y3_4_rouge_t1_w1_lesson (by Krüsemann, Heike; Hawkes, Rachel), licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.” Note that it links to: (A) the resource (B) the owner and (C) the license.
- “NC” Are using it for non-commercial activity, ie do not earn any money from your use of the materials. For example, these resources can be used at free talks with our license, but not in paid talks.
- “SA” Assign the same license CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 to anything you create, meaning the material is “shared alike”
Artwork is by Steve Clarke. All additional pictures selected are available under a Creative Commons license, no attribution required.