UKAgeNet is a new network of all major research centres on ageing in the UK and is designed to bring together the UK’s great strengths in this field, to promote the importance of ageing research, and make representations to policy makers about the importance of this research field.
The network was officially launched on Monday 20th November 2023 at the House of Commons, hosted by the Rt Hon Lord Blunkett.
A line-up of speakers outlined the aims of the network and stressed the imperative of aligning research, funding priorities, and long-term government policy:
- Professor Alan Walker CBE & Professor Ilaria Bellantuono, Co-Directors of the University of Sheffield Healthy Lifespan Institute
- Susan Kay, Chief Executive Dunhill Medical Trust
- Dr Jessica Boname, Head of Programme for Research on Ageing, MRC
- Professor Judith Phillips, Research Director for the Healthy Ageing Challenge, University of Stirling
- Professor Lynne Cox, Co-Director of UK Ageing Networks (UKANet), University of Oxford
- Chi Onwurah MP, Shadow Minister Science, Research & Innovation
CINN is proud to contribute to the network’s aims, working towards a healthier, happier later life for everyone.