Can international students apply for a Scenario DTP studentship?

Yes International Students can apply for studentship.

Can international students apply for a Scenario DTP BAME Scholarship?

International students cannot apply for BAME Scholarship. These are for Home students only

Can international students undertake work/employment in the UK?

Students on a Tier 4/Student visa are typically permitted to work up to 20 hours part-time per week although students should check their own visa for any further restrictions.

Can international students work on their annual leave? 

Students are permitted to work full-time during periods of annual leave which amounts to no more than eight weeks per year. This period includes 15 days of bank holidays/University closure days and weekends.

Please note that voluntary work and internships are categorised as work/employment by the Home Office. It is not necessary for students to have a National Insurance number unless they undertake employment in the UK.

Are there  any resources that international students can refer to ?

Can I request a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies for visa purposes?

For University of Reading, please refer to Confirmation of acceptance (CAS)

For University of Surrey, please refer to CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE FOR STUDIES (CAS)

Language Proficiency

Candidates must show the necessary levels of English proficiency described on the University of Reading’s Doctoral and Researcher College webpage and the University of Surrey’s International Applicants webpage. Please contact the universities directly if you have any questions.

Maximum period of study in the UK

The Home Office has set an upper limit on the amount of time that an individual can spend in the UK for study purposes. For further information on this please visit the Home Office website

Please note Due to Tier 4 visa restrictions,

  • international students must be based at either the University of Reading or the University of Surrey, and not at one of our other host partner institutions
  • international students can take Masters modules at their home institution only.
  • placements will be assessed on a case by case basis to ensure they comply with visa regulations.