The following professionals and academics, who have considerable expertise in refugee and other migrant support, transnational families, young carers, children’s wellbeing, education and health, participate in the Advisory Group:
- Lisa Doyle, Executive Director of Advocacy and Engagement, Refugee Council, London, UK
- Lucy Leon, Policy & Practice Adviser on Refugee & Migrant Children, The Children’s Society
- Helen Leadbitter, Manager, The Children’s Society Include Project, UK (project partner)
- Aisha Malik, Manager, Reading Community Learning Centre (RCLC), UK (project partner)
- Nick Harborne, Chief Executive Officer, Reading Refugee Support Group (project partner)
- Don Flynn, Trustee of Migrant Support, Manchester and previously led the Migrants’ Rights Network, UK.
- Philippa Tyler, Migration Yorkshire.
- Peer researcher with Migration Yorkshire
- Catherine Hemmings, Director, Migrant English Support Hub (MESH), Yorkshire and the Humber, UK (project partner)
- Sandra Peňaloza Rice, Operations Manager, Migrant Support, Manchester (project partner)
- Julie Linley, Education Manager, St. Vincent’s Support Centre, Leeds (project partner)
- Prof. Saul Becker, Provost, University of Sussex, UK and international leader on young carers research, who is leading Me-We, a 6 country EU Horizon 2020 study on the mental health of adolescent young carers
- Prof. Sophie Bowlby, University of Reading
- Dr. Federico Faloppa, University of Reading
- Prof. Eleonore Kofman, Middlesex University
- Prof. Andrew Mangham, Director of the Centre for Health Humanities, University of Reading
- America, Spain, Solidarity and Cooperation (AESCO), Madrid, Spain (project partner)
- Ecos do Sur, A Coruña, Spain (project partner)
- Gioconda Herrera, PhD, Professor of Sociology, Coordinator of the Dept of Sociology and Gender Studies, FLACSO Ecuador, President of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA).
- Raúl Flores Martos, Foessa Foundation, Spain
- Silvina Monteros Obelar, University of Granada, Spain
- Lena Simonsson-Torsstensson, Director, Lutheran Diocese of Lund, Sweden (project partner)
- Karolin Johansson, County Administrative Board Scania (Länsstyrelsen Skåne)
- Braem Sager, Yallatrappan Malmö, Coordinator for projects on parenting support
- Emma-Lina Wall, Malmö municipality, Project Coordinator, Unit for Children and Family
- Anne Harju, Associate Professor in Children and Youth Studies, Faculty of Education and Society, Malmö University
- Elisabeth Mangrio, Paediatric Nurse and Associate Professor, Department of Care Science at Malmö University.
- Hilda Gustafsson , PhD student, Malmö University, exploring health implications of prolonged waiting among transnational families in the family reunification process.