Welcome to the AnDY Research Unit. We are based in the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences at the University of Reading. The Clinic provides brief evidence-based treatments for children and young people, as well as providing a high quality research and training environment. This makes AnDY a unique service combining research and treatment within a University environment.
For the past 25 years, we have been committed to improving the understanding of, and the treatment for, anxiety and depression in young people, and have worked extensively alongside Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). In December 2016, we opened as an independent, University-run research clinic. At the clinic, we assess and treat young people aged between 7-17 for anxiety and depression disorders, as well as undertaking research into the development, maintenance and treatment of such disorders.
We receive referrals through other local health and social care providers, including Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust CAMHS. Please note that the AnDY research clinic cannot accept any direct referrals from children, young people, or families.
- Find out more about the referrals process.
- To improve the understanding of anxiety disorders and depression in young people
- To improve the treatment of anxiety disorders and depression in young people
- To improve access to treatment for young people suffering with anxiety or depression
Our Commitment to You
- We will always do our best
- We will never ask you to do anything we wouldn’t ask our own families to do
- We care how you feel and will always listen to you
- We won’t ask you to do anything unless we are confident that it will be useful
- We won’t make you feel like a ‘guinea pig’
- We know you are busy so we will work hard to not waste your time
- We will always try to explain exactly what is going on