Welcome to the AnDY Research Unit. We are based in the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences at the University of Reading.
For the past 18 years, we have been committed to improving the understanding of, and the treatment for, anxiety and depression in young people, and have worked extensively within the Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). In December 2016 we opened as an independent, University-run research clinic. At the clinic, we assess and treat young people aged between 7-17 for anxiety and depression disorders, as well as undertaking research into the development, maintenance and treatment of such disorders.
Please note that the AnDY research clinic cannot accept any direct referrals; if you may benefit from treatment within our service and would like to take part in research, please contact Berkshire CAMHS Common Point of Entry (CPE). We look at all cases and will be in touch if we think our service may be suitable for you.
- Find out more about the referrals process.
An exciting new development for 2017 is the initiation of a new, University run clinical service- the AnDY Research Clinic. Previously, AnDY conducted assessments to check eligibility for research, while treatment delivery was the responsibility of the local NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. However the new AnDY Research Clinic provides brief evidence-based treatments for children & young people before they reach CAMHS, as well as providing a high quality research and training environment. This makes AnDY a unique service combining research and treatment within a University environment.
- To improve the understanding of anxiety disorders and depression in young people
- To improve the treatment of anxiety disorders and depression in young people
- To improve access to treatment for young people suffering with anxiety or depression
Our Commitment to You
- We will always do our best
- We will never ask you to do anything we wouldn’t ask our own families to do
- We care how you feel and will always listen to you
- We won’t ask you to do anything unless we are confident that it will be useful
- We won’t make you feel like a ‘guinea pig’
- We know you are busy so we will work hard to not waste your time
- We will always try to explain exactly what is going on