Due to covid-19, the AnDY Clinic is now operating remotely and working with patients via telephone and the internet.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the AnDY Research Clinic is stopping all face-to-face activity for the time being. This means postponing new assessments and new courses of individual and parent-led therapy. Any individual or parent-led therapy already underway will be delivered over the telephone or via internet video conferencing where possible. Those already in-treatment will shortly be contacted by phone by their therapist.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept new referrals for the time being.

What to do:
If you are an existing patient and would like any further support or information, then please get in touch with us at andyadmin@reading.ac.uk.
We advise that you contact us by e-mail in the first instance, but if you need to leave a voice message please call us on 0118 378 4682 and someone will come back to you. Please note we will operate using a withheld number.
Phone messages will be picked up sporadically during this time, but please be assured that we will respond as quickly as possible. If you are unable to leave a voice message because the inbox is full, then please try again later.

If you are enquiring about our service or wanting to send us a referral, then please be advised of the above and be assured that we will be in touch with you once the situation improves.
We know this will be a worrying time for many and so we send out our well wishes to all at this difficult and uncertain time.

For general NHS advice about the Coronavirus see:

For advice from Mental Health Org UK about how to look after yourself during the Coronavirus outbreak see:

To read a blog from Willem Kuyken at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre about how to look after ourselves in challenging times see:

To find advice for parents and carers about COVID-19


As always if your query is relating to a medical issue or you are requiring medical advice please contact your GP or 111. If you are contacting us with a medical emergency please call the emergency services on 999.

Many thanks
AnDY Research Clinic


The AnDY Research Clinic does not currently take referrals direct from families, GPs or schools. We work with partner organisations and accept referrals to the clinic from the Berkshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and a number of other local early help children’s services across Berkshire.

Many young people or parents visit their GP or contact their school to help them access support for anxiety or low mood that is interfering with everyday life. In most cases, families can also refer themselves directly to local mental health services.

For severe and enduring mental health difficulties, referrals should be directed to Berkshire CAMHS. You or your GP can make a referral by filling out the online referral form. You can contact this service on 0300 365 1234 for further advice about making a referral.

For mild to moderate anxiety, depression and other difficulties, early help services are offered by Local Authorities across Berkshire. If you have not previously sought support for these difficulties, you can ask your GP or a member of school staff to make a referral to a relevant local service. Some early help services also accept self-referrals direct from families. Your GP or school should be able to advise you of Local Authority run services that are available in your area.

These services will consider the most appropriate support for you and might discuss the option of a referral to us. If you choose to be referred to us, our first contact with you will be by phone. Both agreeing to be contacted by us and taking part in research are entirely voluntary.

Click here to see what happens at your first assessment →

UK Wide:

To find out about services for anxiety and depression in your area you should speak first to your GP. Your local NHS Trust website should also contain information about what CAMHS services are available.

Referrals to CAMHS are typically made through a professional or clinician, though some will accept self-referrals. For more information about accessing CAMHS, please visit YoungMinds.