How much do you trust your food? Learn about food supply systems, safety, sustainability and nutrition and quality.
This online course explore the challenges and responsibilities of different people in the food system, including the role of the consumer. Participants assess the information available to consumers relating to issues of food safety, nutrition and quality, sustainability of production methods and how these affect consumer trust.
Who should join the course
Anyone interested in learning about where their food comes from.
The course will be available all year round from 2022 onwards.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Describe the complexity of the global food system and the issues that affect consumer trust in food;
- Explain the key factors involved in food safety;
- Critically evaluate different sources of nutritional information;
- Explore the different food labels that provide assurances to consumers; and
- Reflect on the role of the consumer in influencing the food supply system
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/food-supply-systems
Project Leadership: Dr Alice Mauchline, University of Reading
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org