Upcoming conferences in Data Assimilation-related fields
See also here. For ISDA programme see here. The following is in reverse chronological order.
- 27-30 May 2024. 8th WMO Workshop on the Impact of Various Observing Systems on Numerical Weather Prediction and Earth System Prediction, Norrköping, Sweden.
- 16-20 October 2023. International Symposium on Data Assimilation – Bologna
- 11-15 September 2023. EUMETSAT Meteorological Satellite Conference, Malmö, Sweden.
- 14-17 August 2023. Numerical Analysis in the 21st Century, Oxford, UK.
- 18-19 July 2023. Fusing simulation with Data Science, a joint event between the Centre for Research in Statistical Methodology (CRiSM) at the University of Warwick and the Met Office and ECMWF (University of Warwick, UK).
- 16-21 July 2023. IGRASS International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (Pasadena, California, USA).
- 3-7 July 2023. WWRP/WCRP S2S Summit – Advancing Sub-seasonal to Seasonal Predictions and their Applications (Univ of Reading, UK). See flyer.
- 3-5 July 2023. Fifth edition of the workshop on Machine Learning and Data Assimilation for Dynamical Systems (MLDADS) as thematic track of the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS).
- 12-14 June 2023. UNCECOMP 2023, fifth edition of the International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Science and Engineering and one of the Thematic Conferences of the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS) will be held in Athens, Greece on 12-14 June 2023 and is now open for abstract submission. Conference website: https://2023.uncecomp.org/
As part of this conference, it is our pleasure to invite you to contribute to our Mini-Symposium “Uncertainty Quantification, Data Assimilation, Machine Learning, and their integrations for effective predictive models ?” (MS7).
- 16-18 May 2023. JCSDA Technical Review Meeting and Science Workshop, Boulder, CO, USA.
- 9-12 May 2023. Mathematical foundations of data-driven engineering, ICMS in Edinburgh.
- 8-12 May 2023. 54th International Liège Colloquium “Machine learning and data analysis in oceanography”.
- 2-5 May 2023. 18th international EnKF workshop, Norheimsund, Norway.
- 23-28 April 2023. EGU General Assembly, on-site in Vienna, Austria, and virtually.
- 29-30 March 2023. CPEO (Constraining coupled carbon and water cycle processes in Earch Observation) conference, Leicester.
- 29-30 March 2023. NCEO Image Classification Workshop, Reading.
- 27-30 March 2023. Scale interactions, data-driven modeling, and uncertainty in weather and climate, a joint conference of the German collaborative research networks TRR 165 “Waves to Weather” with TRR 181 “Energy Transfers in Atmosphere and Ocean” with guests, to take place in Ingolstadt, Germany.
- 22-23 March 2023. NCEO Researchers’ Forum, Leicester.
- 3 Mar 2023. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), special event: operational data assimilation.
- 10 Feb 2023. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), ocean data assimilation.
- 20 Jan 2023. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), non-Gaussian data assimilation.
- 2 Dec 2022. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), land-surface data assimilation.
- 5 Dec 2022. 30 years of ensemble forecasting (symposium for Prof. Tim Palmer). Online.
- 6 Dec 2022. Symposium to celebrate the career of Prof. Tim Palmer, Oxford, UK.
- 12-16 Dec 2022. AGU fall meeting 2022, San Diego, USA (+ online).
- 4 Nov 2022. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), observation impact.
- 7-9 Nov 2022. Joint Meeting of the WWRP (World Weather Research Programme) Working Groups: PDEF (Predictability, Dynamics and Ensemble Forecasting) and DAOS (Data Assimilation and Observing Systems), University of Reading, UK. Local contacts: Sarah Dance, John Methven.
- 14-17 Nov 2022. ECMWF–ESA Workshop on Machine Learning for Earth Observation and Prediction.
- 7 Oct 2022. International Symposium on Data Assimilation (online), reanalysis.
- 6-10 June 2022. 8th International Symposium in Data Assimilation (ISDA), Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
- 21-23 June 2022. International Conference on Computational Science 2022: Thematic Track “Machine Learning and Data Assimilation for Dynamical Systems“, London, UK.
- 3-5 May 2022. 3rd IMA Conference on Inverse Problems from Theory to Application, Edinburgh, UK.
- 23-27 May 2022. European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Session NP5.2: Inverse problems, Predictability, and Uncertainty Quantification in Geosciences using data assimilation and its combination with machine learning, Vienna, Austria.
- 30 May – 2 June 2022. The International EnKF Workshop 2022, Balestrand, Norway.
- 11 February 2022, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 11: History of Data Assimilation.
- 14 January 2022, 07-09 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 10: Data Assimilation Infrastructure – Software, Frameworks, HPC.
- 23-27 January 2022. AMS Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas, USA (also online).
- 3 December 2021, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 9: Machine Learning for Data Assimilation.
- 13-17 December 2021. AGU Fall Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA (also online).
- 5 November 2021, 07-09 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 8: Chemistry and Aerosols: Modelling, Observations, and DA.
- 10 and 12 November 2021. RMetS Data Assimilation Special Interest Group Meeting on Data Assimilation for Convection-permitting NWP, online.
- 15-18 November 2021. ESA-ECMWF Workshop on Machine Learning for Earth System Observation and Prediction, online.
- 13-17 September 2021. Joint Symposium on Data Assimilation and Reanalysis, online.
- 30 August – 3 September 2021. International Summer School on Inverse Problems in Geophysics, online.
- 2 July 2021, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 7: Error Covariance Estimation in Observations, State and Model
- 4 June 2021, 07-09 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 6: Earth Systems Components and Further Applications of DA
- 7-11 June 2021. The International EnKF Workshop 2021, online.
- 7 May 2021, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 5: Coupled Data Assimilation.
- 17-20 May 2021. Joint ECMWF/OceanPredict workshop on Advances in Ocean Data Assimilation, online.
- 17-21 May 2021. SIAM Conference on Application of Dynamical Systems, online.
- 23-27 May 2021. SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra, online.
- 31 May – 4 June. 3rd Summer School: “Crash Course on Data Assimilation – Theoretical Foundations and Advanced Applications with a focus on ensemble methods”, online.
- 16 April 2021, 07-09 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 4: Convective-Scale Data Assimilation.
- 19-30 April 2021. European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Session NP5.1: Inverse problems, Predictability, and Uncertainty Quantification in Geosciences using data assimilation and its combination with machine learning, online.
- 1-5 March 2021. SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, online.
- 12 March 2021, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 3: Mathematics of Data Assimilation.
- 20-26 March 2021. Arctic Science Summit Week 2021, Lisbon, Portugal (also online).
- 23-25 March 2021. Joint Workshop on Representation Uncertainty in the Earth Sciences, online.
- 5 February 2021, 07-09 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 2: Satellite Data Assimilation.
- 8 January 2021, 15-17 UTC. ISDA-Online, Session 1: Data Assimilation Methods.
- 1-17 December 2020. NG002 – Advances in Data Assimilation, Predictability, and Uncertainty Quantification . Online AGU meeting 2020.
- 2-5 November 2020. ECMWF/EUMETSAT NWP SAF Workshop on the treatment of random and systematic errors in satellite data assimilation for NWP . ECMWF, Reading, UK.
- 5-7 October 2020. Virtual Event: ECMWF-ESA Workshop on Machine Learning for Earth System Observation and Prediction . ECMWF, Reading, UK.
- 7-11 September 2020. 2020 Annual Meeting of the European Meteorological Society – European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology . University of Economics, Bratislava, Slovakia.
- 14 September – 18 December. Systems out of equilibrium: interplay between statistical, quantum and disordered dynamics . Henri Poincare Institute, Paris, France.
- 24-25 September. Workshop on Data Assimilation and Uncertainty Quantification. . Exascale Computing for System-Level Engineering, funded by UK EPSRC.
- 24-25 September 2020. 20th Workshop of the GAMM Activity Group on Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra. University of Potsdam, Germany.
- 13-16 July. AMEMR Conference 2020. Plymouth, UK.
- 2-3 June. 9th EnKF workshop. Penn State University, State College, USA.
- 3-5 June. Second edition of the Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Assimilation for Dynamical Systems. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 8-12 June. International Symposium on Data Assimilation 2020. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA. POSTPONED
- 22-25 June. XXIII International Conference on Computational Methods in Water Resources (CMWR 2020). Stanford, California, USA.
- 28 June – 4 July 13th Sasaki Symposium on Data Assimilation for Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Hydrologic Applications. Vivaldi Park, Hongcheon, South Korea. CANCELLED
- 3-8 May. General Assembly of the European Geophysical Union. Vienna, Austria. CANCELLED
- 11-13 May. 15th International EnKF workshop. Hotel Vestlia Resort, Geilo, Norway.
- 11-15 May. Computational Uncertainty Quantification for Inverse Problems. Technical University of Denmark.
- 12-18 April. Data Assimilation – Mathematical Foundation and Applications. Oberwolfach Research Institute for Mathematics, Germany. CANCELLED
- 21-24 April. 2nd NOAA Workshop on Leveraging AI in Environmental Sciences. NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction. College Park, Maryland, USA.
- 24-27 March. SIAM Conference on Uncertainty Quantification (UQ20). Garching, Munich, Germany. CANCELLED
- 31 March – 1 April. Joint Workshop on Representation Uncertainty in the Earth Sciences . University of Reading, UK. POSTPONED
- 6 February. Oxford Earth Observation conference Oxford University, UK.
- 18-21 February. NCEO training course in data assimilation. . University of Reading, UK.
- 10 January. SIAM-UKIE annual meeting . Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 12-16 January. 100th Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society . Boston, USA.
- 20-22 January. 4th Data Assimilation-TT Meeting (of OceanPredict). CERFACS, Toulouse, France.
- 9-13 December. AGU Fall Meeting 2019. Session NG001: Advances in Data Assimilation, Predictability and Uncertainty Quantification. San Francisco, California.
- 7-11 October. School on Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Machine Learning. Centro di Ricerca Matematic Ennio de Giorgi, Pisa, Italy.
- 25 September. RMetS special interest group: Assimilation of Big Data University of Reading.
- 11-13 September. Workshop on Frontiers of Uncertainty Quantification in Fluid Dynamics (FrontUQ19). University of Pisa, Italy.
- 12-13 September. Workshop on Low-Rank Models and Applications. University of Mons, Belgium.
- 2-5 September. NCEO & CEOI Conference. Nottingham Trent
- 14-16 August. Uncertainty Quantification Summer School. University of South California, USA.
- 8-19 July. Geophysical Data Assimilation (JA02) Joint Symposium at IUGG 2019. Montreal, Canada.
- 22 July – 2 August 2019. Summer School on Data Assimilation and its applications in Oceanography, Hydrology, Risk & Safety and Reservoir Engineering. Lucian Blaga University, Sibiu, Romania.
- 22 July – 2 August 2019. MCRN summer school in Asheville NC and academic year engagement program. Ashville, NC, USA.