Here are some hints and tips for editing this site. Please add useful stuff yourself.
- Editing can be started by going to https://research.reading.ac.uk/met-darc/wp-admin/
- Always click the update button before navigating away (otherwise edits will be lost).
- Pages are added under pages ⇒ add new.
- Pages can be structured in a hierarchy by going to pages ⇒ tree view and dragging and dropping.
- Menus can be edited by going to appearance ⇒ customise ⇒ menus ⇒ main menu
- Add items to the menus first, then
- Reorder (to reorder and/or make hierarchy).
- I believe that the main home page cannot be modified by us with our own text – we can only changed the headers, footers, menus, and featured pages, etc.
- Signatures of the web pages can be modified by theme customiser ⇒ widgets ⇒ Footer1/2/3.
- Add graphics by first going using the media option (to upload graphics to the library) and then include the media while editing the page. I have encountered bugs when trying to upload graphics without first going through the media option.
- Videos should be kept on YouTube, Twitter feeds should be kept on twitter, etc.
- Should use <h1>, <h2>, etc instead of our own formatting.
- Pages can be made private, or password protected by going to pages ⇒ all pages ⇒ quick edit.