We conduct, coordinate, and disseminate world-leading research on literacy and multilingualism. Under five core research themes, our multi-disciplinary approach links Arts and Humanities, Life, and Social Sciences to tackle key global challenges that cannot be addressed under a single discipline.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge training provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to engage with the public and bring direct benefits to society.
Our five core themes are Language and Literacy, Education, Neuroscience, Health and Migration. Find out more here.
Our vision is to be recognised as a leading, internationally renowned hub for research into linguistic, psychological, clinical and educational aspects of literacy and multilingualism.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide a platform for world-class experts in the sector to discuss and generate new areas of research in literacy and multilingualism.
- Engage with UK and international policy makers in the education and health sectors to influence research agendas.
- Partner with teachers, interpreters, counsellors, and professionals who work with bilingual families, to identify and co-create research agendas, putting new research into practice.
- Proactively communicate innovative research outcomes to the general public that can empower citizens and enhance their quality of life.
- Train young researchers in innovative methods, tools, and techniques.