- Modernist Archives in Context: Periodicals and Performance
- Q&A with award-winning novelist, Eimear McBride
- Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Beckett International Foundation
Registration is now open for our annual Beckett Week conference, Modernist Archives in Context: Periodicals and Performance. A full programme will be published soon.
Our two keynotes will be delivered by Professor Andrew Thacker (Nottingham Trent University) and Dr Jonathan Heron (University of Warwick).
There will be two workshops:
- "Periodical Cultures in transition" - led by Dr Adam Guy (University of Oxford)
- "The Billie Whitelaw Archive and Staging Beckett" - led by Dr Matthew McFrederick (University of Reading and University of the Arts London)
During the conference, there will also be an exhibition with paintings by Avigdor Arikha, Henri Hayden, Geer van Velde, and Matias, as well as artists’ books and a selection of notebooks and letters from the Beckett archive.
Q&A WITH EIMEAR MCBRIDE
Thursday 22nd November
A reception to celebrate the exciting Creative Fellowship programme launched by the University of Reading’s Samuel Beckett Research Centre. All conference delegates and limited members of the public are invited to attend. This event will feature a Q&A with the award-winning novelist Eimear McBride, the first recipient of a Beckett Creative Fellowship.
BECKETT INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION 30th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Saturday 24th November
The Beckett International Foundation will be holding a seminar with invited speakers, Dr Julie Bates (Trinity College Dublin), Dr Lucy Jeffery (University of Reading), Dr Pim Verhulst (University of Antwerp), and Professor Shane Weller (University of Kent).
For conference fees and registration please follow the link:
For BIF Seminar fees and registration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that registration for the BIF Seminar is separate to the conference and Q&A session. More information is available from Dr Mark Nixon.