The Beckett International Foundation organises a variety of conferences and research events, including the annual Beckett Research Seminar.
Beckett International Foundation Seminars consist of four research papers, given and discussed both by established scholars and by more junior faculty in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Please see our back-catalogue of programmes for the annual BIF Seminar below.
- Beckett Seminar 2019
- Beckett Seminar 2018
- Beckett Seminar 2017
- Beckett Seminar 2015
- Beckett Seminar 2014
- Beckett Seminar 2013
- Beckett Seminar 2012
- Beckett Seminar 2011
- Beckett Seminar 2010
- Beckett Seminar 2009
- Beckett Seminar 2005
- Beckett Seminar 2004
- Beckett Seminar 2003
In addition, The Beckett International Foundation holds regular research events, conferences and performances. Please see a sample of our brochures and programmes from some of the events held at the University of Reading:
- International Conference and Research Opportunities Symposium: Beckett – Living Materials held in September 2009.
- Performance: ‘Krapp’s Last Tape’ performed by Rick Cluchey at the University of Reading for one night only on 11 December 2009.
- Performance: ‘Not I’ performed by Lisa Dwan at the University of Reading from 26 to 27 April 2013. This performance also featured a 10 minute documentary film, including an interview with Billie Whitelaw.
- Lecture: Lisa Dwan, A Beckett Actor acclaimed Beckett actor Lisa Dwan, who has performed in Beckett’s plays across the globe, spoke about her mentor Billie Whitelaw and performing Beckett on 2 November 2016 at the Minghella Building, University of Reading.
- Tribute Day: Mary Bryden On 5th November 2016, at the Minghella Studios on the Whiteknights campus of the University of Reading, Mary Bryden’s family, friends and colleagues gathered to remember Mary and to celebrate her life and work.